With just one regulation win in their last six games, picking up two points over that span, the Minnesota Wild find themselves, at the halfway mark of a season, dead last and completely out of it moreso than they’ve ever been. Just twenty points out of the eighth seed, and several of the teams above them keeping pace in the race, Minnesota is NOT within striking distance.
With their dropping ratings in last week’s Power Rankings, the Wild are more irrelevant than ever. They just need to figure out how to win. The hope is Wild GM Peter can figure out how to make the most of those opportunities of failure, and right the Minny ship in the offseason.
The Wild host the Red Wings on Wednesday night, and then fly to Philly for their final game of the week on Thursday in a contest against former player Nazen Kadri.
-GM should be fired
-Injuries are destroying the back end right now.
-Hart's best OV delta rerate happened while he was injured. Figure that one out. He was fatigued every few games when we needed him at the start of the season. Now 100 CD playing every game since we're out of it.
-Minnesota really sucks
- Kadri got dealt for a couple prospects and a pick.
- Spurgeon got dealt for 2nd and then claimed Colin Miller off waivers
- Stalock and Zajac moved for some mid/late picks
- Those moves cleared 8 million in cap to reload again this offseason.
- Pageau getting a lot of attention. Loyalty is the intention, but will gauge the market first.
- The futures of Schmidt, Donskoi, Keith, Labanc, DeBrusk remain unknown, but unlikely to be with Minnesota much longer.